Friday, October 9, 2009

All Aboard!

10/09/09

Sitting at the airport, getting ready to board. First stop, Chicago. Second stop, London...baby. Very Austin Powers.

When preparing for this adventure, Ali and I watched some movies to get ready for our big trip. First movie, "Run Fatboy Run". Set in London, we thought it sounded like a funny kick off to our Brit movie marathon. It ended up being "eh" (as Ali succinctly put it), but perhaps it was because we watched it the day after my 70's Disco Bowl party - we were a bit tired. Next we put in "Notting Hill". Surprise, surprise, we didn't make it through without "Nodding Off". Never got around to the rest of our list but we didn't need the movies, we were so excited about our girl's week in the UK!

The trip has just begun and while it's going to be an entirely different experience, I'll still be surrounded by Ali. I look forward to following her very well-thought out itinerary and connecting with her through prayer. Still meeting up with her friends and look forward to hearing about some of the great stories they have shared with her.

With earbuds in place, I have Ali's iPod to take in the scenery with her favorite tunes singing along the way. Wearing her signature turquoise ring, I will be armed with super powers much like the DC Comics power ring - "whatever the wearer imagines, the ring will create". And most importantly, I have all the great memories of Ali that I'll forever carry in my heart.

With the week ahead of me, I'm still not sure of what each day will bring but I do know that some day I'll be with Ali and will share all the great stories from the trip to London:)

No comments:

Post a Comment